Handicapping is a way of equalizing golfers of different abilities. The handicap computer is located in the golf shop. All scores must be posted in the computer.
Ladies or juniors may have a nine or eighteen hole handicap while men must have an eighteen hole handicap. Handicaps are necessary to participate in Elmcrest CC events.
Before you post your score in the computer, make sure that you adjust your score using equitable stroke control. The golf shop staff will assist you with the equitable stroke control if it is new to you. All posting of scores are the responsibility of the individual golfer and is done on the honor system.
Below is an explanation on how to post scores
To begin the process of entering scores online please go the website:
Any old links to HandiComp will no longer work.On the right side of the screen please enter your user name and password and click log-in.
- On the top right-hand side you will see the "post a score" link. Select either the 18 or 9 hole button.
- At this screen you can select the tees you played at your home course or select the "away" course tab to enter an away score. If you wish to enter an "away" score please click the "away" score tab.
- Once you have selected the "away" course tab you will need to select the state in which the course is located. Also type in the first few letters of the course name you played. Once you have done this click the search button. (As a reminder, you can't post scores for rounds played in northern climates during the winter months. But you MUST post scores for rounds played in the south or southwest over the winter in order to ensure that you have an honest and accurate handicap. FYI, the "season" starts here very soon - on April 1st.)
- When the course has been found on the left hand side of the screen please click the "select" button.
- Select the tees that you played during the round of golf. Once you have selected the tees you will be asked to enter your score. You can do this by entering a total score or a hole by hole score.
- When entering a hole by hole score the ESC Score (Equitable Stroke Control ) will automatically fill in your ESC Score. If you do not wish to enter a hole by hole score simply put your adjusted ESC score in the Score box, leave the ESC Score box blank. You may also change the date on this screen (located right below the hole by hole score boxes) before submitting your score.
- If Equitable Stroke Control is new to you, please ask the golf shop for help.
- When this step has been completed you will be redirected to a summary page. If everything looks correct click on the "done" button and you have successfully posted your score.
- After posting any score you will receive an e-mail confirming that your score has been posted.
- You should have been receiving an email on the 1st and 15th of each month reflecting your up-to-date handicap. If you have not been receiving these emails please contact the Golf shop and they will be happy to assist you.
If you don't currently have an established U.S.G.A. Handicap but would like one or if you have any questions, please contact the golf shop.